Exhibition, 5 September 2013 | The Hague, Peace Palace
For one day The World Press Photo Exhibition can be seen in the impressive entrance hall of the Peace Palace, a unique opportunity. This famous traveling exhibition, the result of a global contest between photojournalists, is literally placed in light of the courts located in the palace. Reliable law cannot exist without vigilant press and trustworthy information.
World Press Photo offers photographers from around the world a platform to show their work. Photos that tell their own stories or that report on situations that are recognizable to people worldwide. Annually an independent, international jury assesses the entries submitted by photojournalists, newspapers and magazines from all over the world.
This year too, the visitor (re)discovers small and big stories, moving and powerful images that reflect the 2012 in general news categories; Hard News, Contemporary Issues, Daily Life, Portraits, Nature and Sport. Naturally, all winners of the contest can be found in the exhibition. Naturally, the ‘World Press Photo of the Year 2012’ can also be seen.
Every half hour a maximum of 50 people can enter the building. You can stay for as long as you like. The exhibition is opened between 10.30h and 19.30h. Click here for tickets.
5 September is a day at the Peace Palace in which Justice Reporting is the central theme. On this day you can also enjoy:
For more information about World Press Photo, visit www.worldpressphoto.org
pages: 1 2
A selection of relevant publications from the Peace Palace Library collection
- Eyffinger, A.C.G.M., The Peace Palace: Residence for Justice, Domicile of Learning, The Hague, Carnegie Foundation, 1988.
- Eyffinger, A.C.G.M., The Trusteeship of an Ideal: The Carnegie Foundation, Vignettes of a Century, Amsterdam, Enschedé, 2004.
- Hebly, A. and C. Boekraad, A New Home for the Study of International Law, The Hague, ABRI Publishers, 2008.
- Joor, J. en H.M. Verrijn Stuart, Bouwen aan vrede: honderd jaar werken aan vrede door recht: het Vredespaleis, 1913-2013, ‘s-Gravenhage, Carnegie-Stichting, 2013.
- Joor, J. et H.M. Verrijn Stuart, La construction de la paix: une action séculaire au service de la paix par le droit: le Palais de la Paix, 1913-2013, La Haye, Fondation Carnegie, 2013.
- Joor, J. and H.M., Verrijn Stuart, The Building of Peace: A Hundred Years of Work on Peace through Law: the Peace Palace, 1913-2013, The Hague, Carnegie Foundation, 2013.
- Kerkvliet, G.C.H., The Peace Palace: A Living Institution of International Law, The Hague, Carnegie Foundation, 2005.