* Please note that your visit to the Peace Palace Library will be impacted by Covid-19. A reservation for each visit will be compulsory. Please register your visit in advance here.
Would you like to study and conduct research at the heart of international law? The Peace Palace Library is here for you! The Library Reading Room is situated on the first floor of the Academy Building of the Peace Palace. Visit our state-of-the-art Reading Room and enjoy our facilities and services.
Phone: +31 70 302 4125 (direct number)
Service desk : email@example.com
The Library is open 5 days a week: Monday till Friday from 10:00 - 17:00. The Library is closed during weekends.
If you wish to visit the Library, please make sure to bring with you a valid photo ID (Passport, EU ID Card or EU driver's license). When you arrive at the Security gate, please present your valid photo ID and inform the security guard that you would like to visit the Library. You will be issued a Visitor's day pass. Without a valid photo ID, it will not be possible to enter the premises of the Peace Palace.
Upon entering the Library Reading Room, you will find the Service Desk. The Library's professional staff members will welcome you and assist you with your research. At the Service Desk, you can purchase a Library card, return and collect your books and publications. In addition, you can also purchase copy, scan and print credits.
Library Membership Card
The Library Membership Card is your key to the Peace Palace Library. It grants you access to the Library and its premises. You can borrow, reserve and/or renew books, journals and other printed Library resources. In addition, your Library Membership Card allows you online access to the Library's digital resources, such as licensed databases, e-Books (platforms), and e-Journals. The Library's databases and Digital Collections are included. With the Library Card you can login to the website and enjoy all its features.
The annual Library Membership fee is € 50,00.
First-time Library Users will receive their Library Membership Card in person at the Service Desk. Please make sure to bring with you a valid photo ID (passport, EU ID Card or EU driver's license).
In case you choose not to become a member of the Library, but would like to use the Library facilities, you will have to purchase a Library Day Pass. The fee for a Library Day Pass will be € 5,50 and is only available at the Service Desk in the Reading Room.
* Please note that photocopying, printing and scan services are temporarily suspended as a result of Covid-19 measures.
Two copy machines are available for copying, printing and scanning. These are located in the room next to the elevator.
- Copy/print/scan credits can be purchased at the Service Desk
- A copy account based on your Library Card number will be created. A pin-code will be issued to be used in combination with the Card number to copy, print or scan.
- It is possible to scan to email, but we strongly recommend you to use a USB device
* For security purposes, we strongly prefer for you to make the payment by credit card or bank card.
It is very easy to connect to the Library's wireless network; we have a socket for your laptop at every desk in the Reading Room. Please ask the Librarian at the Service Desk for the access key.