Are you a first time user of the Peace Palace Library? Please carefully follow these instructions to activate your new account and access the Library's Catalogue.
- Click the blue Log-in button in the upper right hand corner of the homepage
- Click the blue Fetch Account button in the middle of the screen
- Please fill out the email address you use for your personal Library account as well as your membership number (barcode) which you can find on your Library Card.
- You are now taken to the Create Account screen. When you scroll down this page, you will need to create a new password.
- Please click the button ‘Verify’.
- The next screen should state ‘Creation Successful’. Please ignore the buttons on this page and now close the website.
- Meanwhile, you should have received an email with a link you can use to open the website and login with your new account.
In case you experience any difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visiting the Library upon Registration
The Library's Reading Room is re-opened for visitors as from Thursday May 20, 2021. Your visit will be impacted by Covid-19. All social distancing requirements which were previously introduced will remain in place. We kindly request you to prepare for your visit by reading the COVID-19 Flyer and Protocol first.
A reservation for each visit will be compulsory. A maximum of 25 people will be allowed to visit the Library on a daily basis.
In conformity with Dutch governmental measures, face masks will be mandatory in public indoor areas. We kindly request all our visitors - whether or not you have been vaccinated - to wear a face mask upon entering the Peace Palace, when walking around in the Security Lodge, the Library Reading Room and in case you have to use the rest rooms. Once seated at your designated study spot, you may remove your face mask.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon! Stay healthy, stay safe!